Contact Captain Austin Forsman
Frequently Asked Questions
- What do I do with my catch? Our basic complimentary services include cleaning, filleting and bagging of your catch plus one free bag of ice. Additionally we will vacuum pack and freeze up to 8lbs of fillets per customer. For any amount over 8lbs the rate of $2.50 per pound applies. We require a 48 hour turn around time for any processing, after which time fillets may be picked up during our office hours (12:30 – 2pm Mon-Sat) or shipped to your home via FedEx. Additional shipping and handling fees will apply. (This service begins May 2017).
- If you would like your catch frozen and shipped to your home we will over-night it to your via FedEx.
- Can I have my salmon smoked? We partner with a local smoke shop for this service. For $25 we will deliver your fillets to them for processing, (or you can take them there yourself, about a 40 min drive from our marina). Additional smoking, processing and shipping fees will apply and are payable to the smoke shop via credit card.
- What should I bring?
A warm jacket and layers of clothes, lunch, sunglasses, sunscreen, camera, and rain coat, and rain boots. Bring it all, we have plenty of storage.
- What if there is more than 6 in our party? We operate 2 charter boats which enables us to split larger parties (greater than 6) for comfort & convenience.
- Can I bring my dog? No!
- Can my kids or grandma go for free if they don’t fish? We charge by the seat. Further, the Coast Guard considers them a full person, our insurance company considers them a full person, and therefore we charge a full person rate.
- Do you have Gift Certificates?
Yes we do, so please ask us about them.
- Can we get off on one of the Islands to explore? Can we go whale watching or or sight seeing?
Sorry we only do fish, but we do it well!
- What other activities are available in the area?
The Pacific Northwest Marine Activities Association lists many other recreational activities available in Anacortes.
- Is there a fish guarantee? No! We are very good at what we do, but we cannot make the fish bite or stay on the hook.
- Can I smoke? Though pot is legal in WA State we operate in Federal waters and therefore marijuana is not legal to possess or smoke on the vessel. Cigarettes are allowed but we expect customers to be respectful of others on the boat.
- What kind of fish will we catch?
There are 5 species of salmon in the Pacific Northwest. The current run will determine which type we’re targeting. If bottom fishing, May and June, we target halibut and lingcod.
- What happens if it’s raining?
Rain never stops us. It’s Washington!
- What happens if it’s windy? We will cancel the trip with a full refund if the captain judges that it’s not safe to go.