Contact Captain Austin Forsman
Frequently Asked Questions
- What if there is more than 6 in our party? We operate 2 charter boats which enables us to split larger parties (greater than 6) for comfort & convenience.
- What should I bring?
A warm jacket and layers of clothes, lunch, sunglasses, sunscreen, camera, and rain coat, and rain boots. Bring it all, we have plenty of storage.
- Can we bring a cooler? Absolutely. Stuff it with as much food and drink as you can.
- Can we bring alcohol on board?
Yes, but we strongly caution against over consumption.
- Will we see whales?
Possibly, especially in the summer months.
- What kind of fish will we catch?
There are 5 species of salmon in the Pacific Northwest. The current run will determine which type we’re targeting. If bottom fishing, May and June, we target halibut and lingcod.
- What happens if it’s raining?
Rain never stops us. It’s Washington!
- What happens if it’s windy? We will cancel the trip with a full refund if the captain judges that it’s not safe to go.
- Can my kids or grandma go for free if they don’t fish? Sorry, but the Coast Guard considers them a full person, our insurance company considers them a full person, and therefore we charge a full person rate.
- Do you have Gift Certificates?
Yes we do, so please ask us about them.
- Can we get off on one of the Islands to explore? Can we go whale watching or or sight seeing?
Sorry we only do fish, but we do it well!
- What other activities are available in the area?
The Pacific Northwest Marine Activities Association lists many other recreational activities available in Anacortes.
- Is there a fish guarantee? No! We are very good at what we do, but we cannot make the fish bite or stay on the hook.
- What to do with my catch? Our basic complimentary services include cleaning, filleting and bagging of your fish, plus supplying one free bag of ice or 3 gel packs for safe transportation.
- If you’re an out-of-area customer we sell Styrofoam containers and gel packs for transporting or so you can arrange to ship it home.
- If you would like your salmon smoked, vacuum-packed, and shipped we partner with a local smoke shop. We can provide directions and information at our office. Processing of your fish is your responsibility. We are not equipped to store, drop off, or pick up your catch.